Drawing the line between religion and rights of a human being - Reflective piece

Drawing the line between religion and rights of a human being - Reflective piece

Mhleli Mkhize 


When others have the right to choose of who, why, where and when they want to stay with someone why can’t I?
May I take this time in giving my review for this assignment? I am a neutral person at this point in life because I am born in a Christian one side and cultural on the other and it has been very hard to decide which is right and which is wrong between the two.

During the making of this new package i noticed the sudden change in peoples comments, people whom i know always would be willing to talk to me suddenly were always busy to help me. I even started thinking maybe they do not understand the question clearly.

as for Zandile , the victim of this practice , i admire the braveness sin her when she confessed that she was one of those people who were left single parenting after the husband decided to run away from his responsibilities.

It makes you think that where is democracy for the people when such practices are allowed to happen, who has the final word over someone’s life and decision making?

I felt a bit emotional when she spoke about how the husband left her when she confessed and she asked that i take that off camera, and because I was respecting her right of privacy I did do that, I took it off camera when she disclosed her HIV status.

What is a sin? Is it only that person who kills and robs the other or does it also go to someone who makes you the way they want you to live.

What about your kids, from the way I see it your children won’t be from a healthy family that has love and know each other very well. There will always be loose gaps in between because your heart never desired to be with this person at the first place.

I think the church presidency needs to outdo some of its practices, maybe prior having a democratic state this would have worked out fine, but post that this just doesn't fit in the new society. The sooner people start to realize that and speak for themselves. The sooner they can overcome such people who promote this.
“To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity”-Nelson Mandela





Comments

Popular Posts